Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

Lipstick lovin' - 2014

My love for lip products, specifically lipsticks, began only 1-2 years ago so I wanted to share some of my favourites with you. Even though we still have two months left of this year, I think these lipsticks are easily my top picks for 2014!

FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: NYX soft matte lip cream (Monte Carlo), Mac (heroine), Mac (Taupe), and Body shop lipstick (berry me)

The Body Shop Colour Crush Lipstick in: Berry Me (shade 340)
My friend gifted this lipstick to me for my birthday and I have been using it non-stop ever since! The dark burgundy colour is perfect for those days you want to look a bit vampy and adds that extra edge to your whole look (for some reason, the picture below looks more pink than it actually is).

In terms of texture, it's very moisturising and glides on like a lip balm. It's one of those products that can easily be applied on the go, maybe even without a mirror (unless you're uncoordinated like me).

Staying power is pretty good. What I particularly like is that it has a certain grace to fading throughout the day, as it leaves a pretty lip stain effect rather than looking patchy.




NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in: Monte Carlo

Whenever I'm in the mood for a classic red lip, this is my go to product! It is very affordable and the smell reminds me of cakes, icing, and just sugary goodness in general! 

I love that it dries completely matte, with very little transfer. However I do find that it needs to be reapplied after eating, which is the case with most lip products anyway. Also, be sure to moisturise your lips beforehand otherwise it can feel quite drying after a few hours.

Overall I enjoy how lightweight this feels on my lips; the fact that I'm not constantly aware that I'm wearing lipstick really makes this product stand out to me. 




Mac lipstick in: Taupe

The hefty price tag on mac products always forces me to think over and over and over about whether I'll really get my money's worth. After evaluating this particular shade a zillion times... I decided I would purchase it and I'm really glad I did!
Taupe is the perfect nude for my skin tone! It evens out my natural lip colour and gives it the 'your lips but better' look. Plus, It's a great shade for everyday wear since it looks very natural. 




Mac lipstick in: Heroine

I can't stress enough how beautiful this colour is! If you're like me and you want a bold colour that's slightly different but not too out of the box, then this is for you. 
This gorgeous shade of purple has blue undertones that suits practically every skin tone! I know I'll be getting tonnes of wear out of this over the holidays.




Thanks for reading! x



No comments:

Post a Comment